Wednesday, July 26

Kos Brings up ID-01 on Dailykos

Goosebumps:

But now the GOP is worried about their seat in freakin' Idaho? It's true, as the Republicans betray in their "Retain Our Majority Program" list.

[snip]

This is nothing short of remarkable. Nebraska? Wyoming? Idaho? The potential for November seem to get bigger by the day. Now I am still pessimistic, in large part because of our turnout woes, in part because of the GOP's ability to motivate, energize, and turnout their core base in what will be a base election. But there is clearly reason to hope. You know what this all means, right? That no one has an excuse to sit this election out. People-power requires you guys to hit the pavement on behalf of your local Democrats. If Idaho can have a congressional seat in play, there's something happening in your backyard that can change this country for the better.

Here's what I said in the comments:
Grant came to our Drinking Liberally night in Moscow (The town the Uni of Idaho is in) way back before the primary. He was awesome! Even though we were mostly 20- somethings, he could appeal to us and our issues. He spoke clearly about his issues and wasn't afraid to call himself a democrat, even if he's a touch moderate for my tastes. I personally think he has what it takes to take ID-1.

I think so because ID- 1 has two large urban areas that have been trending purple for a while: The Cour- d'Alene area (one of the fastest growing areas of the nation) and the Treasure Valley- the suburban half of our capital, Boise. Not only are these areas trending liberal given their urbanization, their growth has been fueled by large influxes of west coast residents looking for simpler (and cheaper) living. It can't be understated how much Idaho has grown in the last 6 years since the census.

I'm not saying ID-1 is the next Berkeley, but maybe a Bosman, MT. Regardless, I'm looking forward to these races coming up; we just might have a blue Idaho a la Montana. But as Kos stated, it's going to take bodies and money. I'm still in college, so I can't flood the money in. What I can do is once I get back to school, I can work for Grant. I'm going to do what I can to get my State Blue. You?

I am in no way affiliated with Grant. Just excited!

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger slfisher said...

It gets better. Cheney's coming to fundraise for Sali.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Jonh Neo said...

Hey Vander, This is a good article site.
i found many information here.
-----------------------------------------------
http://global-in-arm.com
Good luck, Vander

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

 
At 11:48 PM, Blogger britney said...

You are pessimistic cool!!
___________________
Britney
Get easy cash at your door step

 

Post a Comment

<< Home